Beware of Household Medications

How to “Hold the Energy” for our Pets
October 18, 2014
Communicating with Rescue Animals
January 8, 2015

Beware of Household Medications

With permission from my animal communication client, following is an email I received recently. It contains an important reminder for animal guardians regarding medications which are extremely toxic to pets. I encourage us all to remain diligent in keeping any medications out of the reach of pets.

Thankfully, due to the quick reaction of these guardians and appropriate care at the ER, these pups are good as new.

I want to share a lesson we painfully learned this week. Thursday evening we noticed [our 2 year old puppy] falling and acting a bit lethargic. We had no idea why this would be going on. We searched the house and found an empty small bottle of Naprosin. Naprosin is highly toxic to dogs and can cause perforating gastric ulcers and kidney FAILURE. We called the poison hotline and immediately took both our dogs to the emergency vet. They spent 48 hours on IV fluid therapy and stomach coating medication in ICU. They had excellent care and I am so relieved to say they came home last night. They will have one more kidney function blood test tomorrow morning and they have a clean bill of health! It is so easy to leave a bottle of everyday medication within reach. I just want you all to learn from our stupidity and I hope this never happens to any of our or your pets. Take care and give your furry friends a hug!

 

I look forward to working with your beloved animals for a variety of relevant topics. Schedule your animal communication consultation now for a deeper understanding of behaviors, symptoms, and quality of life.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *